Monday, September 16, 2013

No Child Left Untableted

What I would do in this situation is cater to the different types of learners and educators. If the young, new teacher would like to use this new technology to further the education of their students, then sure let them do it. However, if the old teacher disagrees that this way to learn is the best, let them teach the class their own way. I would say that the children and their parents should also be able to have a say in this. The children could be placed in a class depending on what they/their parents think is best for them. I think it would be great to have this sort of technology at our school and can only dream of the reality of it. Technology has overtaken our world, and especially as the younger generation, we cannot get away from it. I read articles and posts all the time on the internet and I believe it is a valuable source of learning. 

Why is one opposed to this way of learning? I'd say it is because they are not used to it. It seems foreign to them, something unreachable. The fact is that is is already here and, as we have experienced so far with the creation of this blog, it works. There is no need for teachers to give out menial busy work when they could be using technology to further the education and learning experience of their students. I'm not sure how this kind of thing would work for a math class, but I'd give it a try. I plan to study and go into a field heavily dictated by technology so I may have some sort of bias. What I want to say in this short post is that people need to dig deep into themselves and realize that the future is here, there is no need for these old fashion ways of learning, but I will respect your decision to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment