Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Big Question Follow-Up

Article
This is an article I found that somewhat relates to my big question. Why do we as humans strive for success, when it seemingly does not matter in the end? I truly do not understand what the point is of working your %$# off for 50 years in order to make "big bucks" doing something that you do not enjoy. Success for me will be looking back at my life in 60-70 years and coming upon the realization of, "Dang, I had fun". I think this can be achieved by me working at a profession I enjoy, it won't matter as much if I am rich, middle class or poor, I just want to live.
Why do you strive to succeed?

2 comments:

  1. I think it is nice that you found the answer to your question. Personally I strive to be an entertainer, so why not try to be great at it like J. R. R. Tolkien? That is something I would find to be fun, maybe a will earn some money in my attempt to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D You have the potential, Jon, just keep working at it.

      Delete