Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hafta/Wanna

Two Articles Being Discussed:
My High School Hoax
Committing to Play for a College, Then Starting 9th Grade

I believe that life during high school is pretty darn easy. I mean sure it may be stressful, wondering where you will end up and trying to get plans locked down, but it is easy. You're dependent on your parents now, even if you have your own job, I doubt you are paying all of your bills. I don't think there will be a time in my life where I have to work less hard than I do now. This doesn't scare me, this excites me, I can't wait for the time when my normal efforts aren't good enough and I am challenged. I think one of the things that makes college difficult is the fact that you are not being forced to go to class or study. The curriculum is definitely more difficult, but I believe many people struggle when they get the freedom to do what they want. I believe most people will continue their habits after they graduate, but it all depends on the person and what they want in life. Many people will get a wake up call when they realize that they are not going down the path they want to be on. This changes people fairly quickly. I for one have a difficult time balancing the things I want to do against the things I have to do. As you will see by the time I post this blog entry, I have procrastinated my homework severely. I'd much rather go play tennis, hang out with a friend or play video games after school. Before I know it, it is 10:30 at night. I believe this has become habitual and I do need to change it before the end of high school. I will be living unsupervised next year and need to be able to bring it upon myself to get my work done early and have fun later. I WILL WORK ON IT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dylan i was wondering if you could be part of my learning network and provide a fresh prospective on my writing.

    ReplyDelete