Friday, January 10, 2014

A Choice

At the end of freshman year, I had to make an important choice. I was playing freshman baseball at the time and I love playing that sport. My grades were slipping right out from under me, however. I made the decision at the end of the season that I would not continue to play the sport anymore as it was too time consuming and I needed to focus on school. I believe if I was more mature at the time I would have been able to balance the sport and school but I was not. This was an emotional choice. It was one of the sports that I had grown up playing and watching. I always saw myself playing it in high school, but it just didn't end up working out. I look back at it now and realize that I made the correct choice, but man was it a tough decision. I do really miss playing baseball, but I think that the negative of playing outweighs the positive for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment