Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Truly Interesting Piece of Non-Fiction

After reading this article, a couple things were going through my mind. First, did people really not realize a government as powerful as ours would be able to do such a thing? Second, so what? If the government's computer systems are truly looking for potential terrorist threats then I think it is a good thing. Yes, the government has access to anything and everything you do on the internet, but as long as you are innocent and have nothing to hide, what is there to worry about? People act as if some nerdy hacker is sitting in a chair at the NSA headquarters looking through your browser history. This simply is not the case.  I believe that even if the government didn't have the legal right to do this, they still would. Our government was given these powers by the people. We let congress vote on such bills that allowed this kind of surveillance. I don't want to sound as if I don't believe the government of the United States could do no wrong, trust me, I know it can but I think there are bigger things to worry about than this. On some parts of the internet, Edward Snowden is idolized. I applaud him on what he did to inform the general population of what was going on. But to think that in this ever changing and technological world that this wasn't going on shows ignorance.  

1 comment:

  1. I believe that you have a very valid observation. I for one think that the American people should have known that this was happening.

    ReplyDelete