Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections on Week 1

   Q1. Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? Access to a computer?  Mobile/smart phone?  Transportation?  Friends/family? Schedule?                            A1.I have no reason not to be able to participate fully in this course. 

   Q2. Think of an awesome best ever learning experience that changed you. What did you learn? Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or remember, or think?) How did you know what was happening? 
   A2. I learned how to play soccer at a soccer camp in Arizona with my friend Gus. Before this I was good but just screwed around. I was taught at the camp how to play and more importantly how to practice. I learned that to get better, you must have the want for improvement. I figured out what i needed to do to get where I wanted to be. I have applied this to my life and now am on track for success.

   Q3. What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?
   A3. I am most excited about the opportunity to learn in a different way. Every English class I have taken in the past has been the same old read this, write that, write notes on these. I look forward to coming out of senior year having experienced something new and enriching. The amount of information and different sides of a story you can get out of learning this way is remarkable. It will teach me to think outside of the box, not every class has to be as repetitive as the prior.

No comments:

Post a Comment